Thursday, December 11, 2008

What????

No, I don't think I'm hard of hearing. But a lot of what I'm hearing is hard to believe. Hence I've been saying, "What????" far too often.

The housing, insurance and banking industries need bailing out because they were forced to grant loans to people who didn't qualify for expensive homes. WHAT? If anybody was forced it was greed that forced them to do what common sense had to be telling them was a stupid thing to do.

The banks got bailed out but they are now refusing lines of credit to small businesses forcing them into bankruptcy. WHAT? Wasn't that part of the argument for bailing them out?

GM and Toyota sold an equal number of cars but GM lost TWICE what Toyota made. WHAT? Doesn't that say something? If I earn just as much as my neighbor but I end up on welfare while my neighbor vacations in the Bahamas I think I might catch on that I'm doing something wrong.

The Secret Service cleared illegal aliens to work part-time at the home of the head of Homeland Security but the federal government fined the owner of the business who contracted them. WHAT? Two wrongs don't make a right, but if the SECRET SERVICE couldn't identify them as illegals, how can a regular, small business man be expected to?

The Governor of Illinois was caught selling President Elect Obama's Senate seat. WHAT? And he knew he was being investigated. WHAT? That level of arrogance begs the question if any politician truly feels that laws govern them at all. With that level of disregard for law and common sense we may well be beyond saving.

Get out your Q-Tips...clean out your ears but in all likelihood, you'll still be saying "WHAT?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio
Top Stories